Tuesday 5 June 2012

Getting Ready for Ramadhaan!!!!


So Ramadhaan is just around the corner once again Alhamdulillaah! This year Maimoonah will be 5 years old in Ramadhaan and hope to fast with us Inshaa Allaah. Summer days are longer but I guess she will be able to manage by the mercy of Allaah. I am not sure if she would fast the whole month, but we can try Inshaa Allaah!

So since she would be fasting this year I do not want to burden her with lot of activities. I want to keep it simple but informative. So I am in the process of collecting information and thinking and jotting down what are the activities we would do. Hence I would like to share some of the stuff I have found useful so far, so that you all could benefit with your kids.

For all what we have done last few Ramadhaan you can go to this link and get some ideas and resources Inshaa Allaah! Also on the right hand side of my blog you will find many links on Ramadhaan from which we have benefited and still benefiting. 


Ramadhaan Activity Pack


Inshaa Allaah another good news for you all! Myself and sister Fehmida from Smart Ark are hoping to put out an exciting Ramadhaan Activity Pack for 5 - 8 year olds  which will be available for free before Ramadhaan Inshaa Allaah. You will have activities on Grammar, Arabic, Geography, Maths, Islaamic Studies, Cooking, Sewing etc etc all based on Ramadhaan Insha Allaah. I hope and pray that Allaah accepts this small effort from us. Aameen and we hope all of you will benefit with your kids this Ramadhaan. Will keep you all posted! So look out!




For the younger kids sister Umm An Nu'man did a wonderful Ramadhaan Activity Pack last year and you can download it here Inshaa Allaah.

Here are some of the other things you can do and if you check out my Ramadhaan link of the last few years you will find the links for all of these. 

  • Ramadhaan Journal
  • Ramadhaan Bulletin Board
  • Ramadhaan and Eid Crafts
  • Ramadhaan Lap Book
  • Ramadhaan Arts and Crafts Challenge

Will post our Ramadhaan Schedule when we have finalised everything Inshaa Allaah! What are your plans for this Ramadhaan?!




8 comments:

Umm Khadeeja said...

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

SubhanAllah I have been thinking as you have...trying to plan ahead and work out Ramadan activities both pre-Ramadan to prep and during Ramadan inshallah!

SubhanAllah I have been planning to try to make a fabric Ramadan Calander to fill with a treat for the kids inshallah....I need to get on with it inshallah!

can't wait to see your plans inshallah sis, JazakAllah khayr for sharing!

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaahi wa barakaathuhu Umm Khadeeja

Maashaa Allaah, two minds and many more minds thinking alike : )

Awaiting to see your plans and activities too Inshaa Allaah soon!

We have two more weeks to go and we will finish our Kindergarten School year Inshaa Allaah, then it will be all getting ready for Ramadhaan and planning for Next School Year. Whole heap of things to do ahead! May Allaah make it easy for all of us! Aameen!

A Muslim HomeSchool said...

sis, how do you plan your year ahead? - do you plan the whole year detailing what you want to cover? How do you decide? How do you write your plan...or do you just make mental notes to yourself?

Umm Maimoonah said...

Umm Khadeejah,
Yes I plan for the whole year ahead.

I first write down the goals meaning what is needed to be covered for thay year. something like this what I did for last here http://ummmaimoonahrecords.blogspot.com/2011/07/kindergarten-curriculum-outline.html

Depending on the above I choose the books and resources.

Then I use this and do the lesson plans for every 6 weeks ahead.

This way I am organized and no need to rush for anything at the last minute. Alhamdulillaah this has worked well for us for the last two years and I will be continuing the same method but with additions and deletions according to age and capability. Will be sharing the next year's plans as well as soon as we finish our school year and Ramadhaan preparations Insha Allaah! Hope this helps! How are you thinking of doing?

Homeschool Diary said...

Asalamualaikum,
wow, Ramadan is indeed round the corner. Jk for this post which is motivation for me to start thinking about what to do with my kids. I love the ramadan calander...wonder if I can get organised enough to do something similar.

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam Amatullaah. Wa iyyaaki! Oh I wish I could send if someone is ready to take it from here for you : ) Hoping to see your Ramadhaan plans Inshaa Allaah!

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum sis,
You have a lovely blog, tabarak'Allah.

I like the calendars, I've made them with cardboard before...I should really try a fabric on one day.

I heart Smart Arks stuff, look forward to checking the Ramadaan activity pack, insha'Allah.

Umm Maimoonah said...

@ Sketched Soul,
Alaikum salaam sis, Baarakallaah Feekum. Thanks for stopping by! You too have a wonderful blog. Maashaa Allaah you are blessed with creativity!
Yes Fabric one will indeed make a big difference. I am waiting to see how it goes. I think I am more excited than Maimoonah to make it a surprise for her Inshaa Allaah! Would love to see how your one turns out!
May Allaah bless sis Fehmida for her hard work as I know she has a very busy schedule but with all that she opted to help me! I am looking forward to it too!!1 : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...