- Seerah - Sahaabah - We used this and this and learnt about the Merits of the Sahabah and recorded. She learnt the defenition of the Sahabi, the difference between Muhaajir and the Ansar, and the Traits of the Sahabah. After I told her who a sahabi is I asked her to name a female sahabiya and a male sahabi. She said "Maimoonah bint Al haarith and Umar bin Al Khattab". : )It was nice to know that she remembers Ummahaathul Mu'mineen and the 10 promised Jannah!
We also read and discussed the Darul Kitab book on "In the way of the Sahabah". Explained to her the difficulties each one of them went through for the sake of Islaam, and how they fought for the sake of Allaah, the noble chatrcters they possessed and that they were the best of people after the Prophets and the Messengers. And that they are our role models and we should try to be like them Inshaa Allaah!
- Grammar - We did Past and Present tense.
- Grammar - We also learnt about Gerunds and she did the activities. (one activity had something about a witch a crooked man, so refused to do that )
- Spelling and Writing - She does not like dictation to be written on the book. And I have not done any formal spelling lessons with her. So I just tried the Jolly Phonics words with her. First I asked her to read all the words on the page and she could read all of them without a problem. Then I said we will play a spelling bee game and this was interesting for her. I randomly picked up words and asked her to write on the whiteboard. I was surprised that she actually knew the spellings for most of the words, mostly through reading I guess!!! This way was fun! As usual made her win the game!!!
- Push and Pull -
- Float and Sink - http://www.ummmaimoonahrecords.blogspot.com/2012/06/push-pull-float-sink.html
- Material and Magnet - http://www.ummmaimoonahrecords.blogspot.com/2012/06/materials-magnet.html
- MEP - Subtraction. She is a little slow is subtracting, I guess as she is used to addition more. Also still did not teach her minus values Inshaa Allaah, will have to introduce the number line as suggested by sister Umm Sumayya so that she will understand Inshaa Allaah!
- We continued with Flashing the cards and reading. This time it was a hide and seek game. The person hides the face and shows the card and if read correctly then you seek for the hidden face. You can imagine the giggles right!! But the job got done! New sets of cards as well as the old ones were read without a fuss!
- Verbs - we are still continuing with verbs. This week I took out an Arabic Reading book and asked her to read and identify the verbs. she was good!